Recently the LGA’s Electronic Services Program Team worked with Deloitte and AdelaideCloud to move the Unity CMS and My Local Services App infrastructure into a local cloud environment. All participating councils now benefit from a more resilient and scalable infrastructure that underpins the continuing development of the Unity CMS and My Local Services App.
The LGA has now employed Deloitte Digital to work on the following enhancements to the My Local Services App www.lga.sa.gov.au/mylocal as part of the continuing program to enhance service delivery for member councils.
- Upgrading the My Local Services App to push an update to user’s waste schedule when collection maps or pickup days change. This is a major enhancement that will ensure your community always receives the correct schedule information and associated push notifications.
- Implementation of scaling of Spotlight images to fit in a landscape mode similar to hero images on council websites
- Updates to the Waste screen to allow configuration of links for each bin to extra information on reducing waste and encouraging recycling. The LGA is very conscious local government plays a key role in educating the community on correct practice for recycling and waste disposal. This upgrade will provide relevant and targeted information in the App the community.
- Improvements to the Near Me function to display ‘feature icons’ on the park label and more elegantly guide users to ‘feature’ parks that have a larger variety of facilities.
- Adding the ability to preview Spotlight Objects in the Unity CMS thereby giving editors a preview of how a Spotlight will display on a generic mobile device. Spotlights are a powerful way to directly communicate news and events to the community using push notifications
For more information on the My Local Services App see www.lga.sa.gov.au/mylocal or contact the LGA’s Electronic Services Program Team on firstname.lastname@example.org