The LGA are are planning some updates to the My Local Services App in early 2019 which will improve functionality for your community. Minor updates include:
- Allow users to set their address from the My Council screen, navigating them to Settings > Home Location
- Introducing Android API runtime permissions to provide more granular permission control for end users. The App will ask the user for permission to their location and camera when required instead of out of context at the time of installation.
- For SA councils we have included a link directly into Libraries SA App in the My Council screen and on all Library content to streamline access to their App from within ours and vice versa.
- Inclusion of a business hours ‘popup’ message when making a Report It submission so users are made aware that in urgent circumstances outside of business hours they should call to report the issue
- Refining the user experience when an address is set for a non-participating council outside of South Australia.
- Various not as exciting app maintenance activities to ensure the app is kept up to date with Apple and Google’s app standards and requirements
In addition to these above minor updates we are also working on a project with East Waste to deliver recycling and waste related tips aligned with regular bin reminders. This work will enable all councils to deliver a targeted tip (see below example) and further educate users on correct recycling practices.
If you have other ideas on how we can improve the My Local Services App please let us know.