The 1.4 version of the My Local Services App has a number of upgrades as detailed below. The most significant enhancement is the result of a collaboration with East Waste and the LGA to develop enhanced spotlight and waste notifications to include accompanying imagery in the form of a rich notification.
Participating councils will be able to deliver targeted recycling and waste reduction messages to their community every time a regular bin reminder is sent. This enhancement aims to boost recycling rates and further educate the community on correct recycling practices.
In addition the 1.4 release includes the following enhancements as part of the LGA's continuing investment in this shared platform:
- App now includes a link directly into Libraries SA app in the My Council screen and on all Library content to streamline access to the Libraries SA
- The iOS version of the App now utilises full screen on iPhone X and newer
- Includes the ability to set a user address from the My Council screen
- Reminds Report It feature users that councils will respond during business hours
- Delivers greater flexibility for councils to cater for holiday season waste collection schedules
- Implementation of Android runtime permissions to provide more granular permission control. The App will request device permission at the time the permission is required instead of out of context at the time of installation
For more information on becoming a participating council see www.lga.sa.gov.au/mylocal