2019 Emergency Management Seminar
|Event Type||LGA Events|
|Event Focus||Emergency Services|
|Event Scope||Local Government|
|Dates||12/09/2019 to 13/09/2019|
|Contact|| Scott Loechel
The 2019 Emergency Management Seminar aims to:
- Discuss challenges and opportunities in Local Government Emergency Management;
- Share new ideas and emerging risks;
- Explore what stretch thinking and consequence management concepts mean for councils;
- Introduce new technologies;
- Consider case studies of local government action;
- Strengthen networks between local government emergency management practitioners.
The seminar will have an integrated exercise spread across both days, looking at an extreme heatwave scenario and its wide-ranging consequences on councils. The seminar will also include the LGFSG operational readiness information including the seasonal outlook for summer.