The Commissioner for Children and Young People in South Australia has just given her Digital Challenge a makeover especially for younger learners aged 3-5 years.
The free Challenge teaches key computational thinking concepts through play – by playing a game of hide & seek or by creating a robot dance routine.
Who is it for?
- Libraries – offers a high-tech Story Time option that requires no digital devices. All content can be printed.
- Community Groups working with 3-5 year olds.
- Early Learning Centres / preschools / kindergartens.
- Parents / carers / families of 3-5 year old children.
Things to know about Early Learning Unplugged
- It’s a delightful future-focused challenge for every preschool-aged child in South Australia.
- It’s 100% device-free – simply enter your email address to download and print the activities.
- Two activities to choose from. Either activity = challenge complete!
- The Challenge materials are free.
Things to know about the Activity Packs
- Both activities were designed in collaboration with the Australian Computing Academy.
- Activities can be completed in large or small groups, or individually.
- There is one version of the Activity Packs specifically for educators, and another version for families to use at home.
- The activities are aligned to the Early Years Learning Framework principles – see Activity Packs for educators for details.
Libraries, preschools and any other community groups working with early learners in South Australia can access the free Activity Packs here at: https://commissionersdigitalchallenge.net.au/digital-thinking/early-learners-introduction/
Questions can be directed to: CommissionersDigitalChallenge@sa.gov.au