Many volunteers and others have contributed to South Australia’s great walking trails and walking clubs. Walking presents opportunities for health, wellbeing, recreation and tourism.
Walking SA’s annual awards recognise sustained and outstanding contribution to walking at all levels throughout SA.
Nominations for the 2019 awards are now open!
Two of the awards are specific to local government and include:
- Local Government Award – Individual
- Local Government Award – Organisation
Other awards categories are:
- Long-standing Contribution /Distinguished Service Award – Individual
- Special Recognition Award – Individual
Criteria for awards will encompass:
- Enhanced the development of walking in South Australia and/or
- Significantly furthered the objectives of Walking SA and/or
- Developed/supported the implementation of a significant walking project/activity and/or
- Added value to the wider community of South Australia
Nominations may be made by any South Australian nominators. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Please note: Referees and nominees are not required to be members of Walking SA or of a walking club.
Awards close Friday 27 September 2019.
The Awards will be presented at the Annual General Meeting of Walking SA:
Date: 23 October 2019
Venue: The Jade – 142-160 Flinders St, Adelaide SA 5000.
Time: AGM 6.30pm - 7pm, 7pm networking drinks and refreshments, 7:45pm Awards Ceremony
For further information please visit https://www.walkingsa.org.au/awards/