LGA Procurement has launched its Procurement & Contract Management Training Program – 2020 and on the 4th February presents its first module for the year “Procurement Essentials”.
This course provides an overview and skills in purchasing in the sector.
Staff undertaking this course will gain a broad understanding of the frameworks and legislation that may apply when carrying out Local Government purchasing activities.
A key focus of this course is to help you understand what you need to know to select the correct approach which will help Council and suppliers to gain great outcomes.
Course participants will gain:
- knowledge of basic purchasing concepts
- an end-to-end understanding of how to run a sound purchasing process in the sector
- knowledge of how to develop requirements for simple purchases.
Participants will also be introduced to evaluation methodology and negotiation processes and basic contract management principles.
- Local Government framework, rules, legislation, regulations and policy
- Basic Purchasing and Strategic Purchasing
- Centralised, Decentralised and Hybrid Purchasing
- Specifying Requirements
- Specifications Principles
- Market Assessment
- Various Purchasing Methods
- Evaluating Offers
- Contract Management Fundamentals
- Record Keeping
Register for this course here
Contact our Procurement Specialist and Trainer, Keith Barber on 8224 2065 for further details.
Click here to view the 2020 Procurement training program.