Specification Writing - 22 May 2017
|Event Type||Training Course|
|Event Focus||Education and Training|
|Event Scope||Local Government|
|Dates||22/05/2017 to 22/05/2017|
All staff who are involved in the procurement of goods and services for Local Government.
This course is designed to provide participants with information on the key principles that need to be observed when writing specifications. The training addresses different types of specifications and will assist participants prepare basic plans to develop requirements.
The course also addresses the importance of stakeholder consultation and will assist participants identify key stakeholders and gain skills in identifying key requirements through consultation.
Participants will gain an awareness of government supplier requirements and an understanding of how to develop a specification in simple text, with a view to maximise bidding, obtaining better value for money and improving contract management.
- What are specifications
- What’s not included in a specification
- Consultation before preparing a specification
- Identification of customer needs
- Market research
- Scoping the requirement
- Structuring the specification
- Specification writing principles
- Types of specification: technical, functional, performance and exemplar
- Common mistakes in specification writing
- Tips from specification writers
- Feedback from SA suppliers on tender specifications
LGA Procurement developed 5 modules specifically for the South Australia Local Government sector – learn more about their offerings HERE!
Want to stay up to date with what LGA Procurement is doing? Please sign up to receive their newsletter HERE.