2019 LGA Youth Leadership Forum - Fleurieu Peninsula
|Event Type||Information Session|
|Event Focus||Education and Training, Personal Development|
|Event Scope||Local Government|
|Dates||31/07/2019 to 01/08/2019|
|Location||New Terry Hotel
172 Paradise Drive
Wirrina Cove SA
|Contact||Local Government Association of South Australia
Natasha Black , Regional Youth Traineeship Program Coordinator
Work: 08 82242013
The 2019 LGA Youth Leadership Forums will be held in four regional locations.
Building on the successes of the Regional Youth Traineeship Program, the LGA in partnership with Primary Industries and Regions SA will be delivering four two day youth leadership forums in regional South Australia during July and August 2019.
Individuals who are eligible to attend have either:
- participated in the Regional Youth Traineeship Program in Round 1 or Round 2 and are currently working and residing within regional South Australia; or
- are between the ages of 17 and 24 and currently regionally employed on a full-time basis; and
- gained at least one Certificate III Qualification.
Costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals will be covered or reimbursed with grant funds.
The forums will offer over 100 regional youth the opportunity to learn how to positively influence and lead others as well as apply their leadership skills in their everyday life, community and/or work environment.
The forum will contain a mix of interactive leadership training, capability building activities and guest speakers.
The Program will include:
- Leadership foundations, skills, styles
- Effective communication and public speaking
- Debating and negotiation
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Values and behaviours
- Mentoring (being mentored and being a mentor)
- How to make change in the community, including motivating and inspiring others.
More information will be forwarded via circular and email in the coming weeks.
For enquiries call Natasha Black – Regional Youth Traineeship Program Coordinator 8224 2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.