Building on the successes of the Regional Youth Traineeship Program, the LGA in partnership with Primary Industries and Regions SA will be delivering four two day youth leadership forums in regional South Australia during July and August 2019.
Individuals who are eligible to attend have either:
- participated in the Regional Youth Traineeship Program in Round 1 or Round 2 and are currently working and residing within regional South Australia; or
- are between the ages of 17 and 26 and currently regionally employed: and
- gained at least one Certificate III Qualification.
Call to check if eligibility is in doubt as there is some flexibility on a case by case basis.
Costs associated with travel, accommodation and meals will be covered or reimbursed with grant funds.
Eyre Peninsula - 24, 25 July
Fleurieu Peninsula - 31 July and 1 Aug
Barossa Valley - 14, 15 Aug - FULLY BOOKED
Limestone Coast - 21, 22 Aug
- Recent winners and nominees from the Channel 7 Young Achiever Awards will speak on the first day of the forum
- The Leaders Institute of South Australia have been engaged to design and deliver the forum content
- Mia Handshin will be the facilitator for both days
- There will be a night activity from 7pm - 9.30pm
Additional information on the 2019 LGA Youth Leadership Forums will be available via Circular and email in the coming weeks.
For enquiries call Natasha Black – Regional Youth Traineeship Program Coordinator 8224 2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.