Terms and Conditions
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .net, .gov, .au, .com, etc)
- the date and time you visited the site
- pages accessed and documents which were downloaded
- previous site you visited
- the type of browser you are using
LGA disclosure statement on website use and email engagement
The LGA collects personal information that enables the LGA to track usage of the website and to track engagement with email content. The LGA uses the information obtained to enhance customer engagement.
2 Collection of information on web site activity
- To improve the website experience, the LGA uses 'cookies'.
- A cookie is a small text file that the site places on a user’s computer as a tool to remember preferences. The website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate an IP address with any other data held by Google. The LGA uses reports provided by Google Analytics to understand website traffic and webpage usage.
- Logging into the members-only area of the LGA’s website results in the provision of personal details that enable the LGA to track onsite behavior, including what content the user views and downloads, i.e. pages, events, ctrld files, minutes, agendas and other content objects. This information is primarily used in an aggregated form to help the LGA understand which content is useful to members.
- Social plug-in tracking cookies may also be used to track both members and non-members of social networks for additional purposes such as behavioural advertising, analytics, and market research.
- Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, a user can choose whether or not to accept cookies via a browser's settings. Users may also delete cookies from a device at any time. However, if cookies are not accepted the full experience of some of the features of the website will be lost.
3 Collection of information on email engagement
By registering as a member the member is included in subscriber lists for the LGA Latest news weekly distribution and to receiving LGA e-newsletters, the user provides a unique identifier (email address) that allows the LGA to track the user’s engagement with email content. The LGA can identify whether an email has been opened and what links have been clicked within the email. In addition, the information can identify what email software was used to open the email, the approximate location at the time of opening, and whether the user has shared the email content by forwarding or via social media.
This information is primarily used in an aggregated form to help the LGA understand which content is useful to members.
4 Personal information
The LGA will not use or disclose personal information about an individual for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection, unless it is required by law.
The LGA is committed to ensuring that personal information is handled appropriately.
5. Copyright ownership
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Local Government Association (LGA) claims copyright ownership of the content of any LGA webpage/emails it sends. Content is intended for member councils in South Australia only. Member councils may download, display, print, reproduce and alter the material for internal use. The LGA reserves the right to revoke such permission at any time. Read our copyright statement.