Networks & Partnerships
LGA Procurement works closely with a range of organisations and government partners and is a member of the National Procurement Network (NPN) and entered into a memorandum of understanding with Local Government Information Technology South Australia Incorporated (LGITSA).
Click below to find out more!
National Procurement Network (NPN)
Established in 2005, the National Procurement Network (NPN) is the name given to the collective of all Australian state and territory local government association procurement arms. It is an informal, non-registered group that operates under a memorandum of understanding.
The aim of the NPN is to coordinate a combined tendering approach to leverage the buying power of the entire Australian local government sector. The NPN assesses whether there is benefit in supply arrangements that would cover the entire sector across Australia or groups of states and territories (preferred provider panels) and if so, tenders to establish such arrangements.
The NPN comprises:
- New South Wales - Local Government Procurement
- Northern Territory - Local Government Association of the Northern Territory
- Queensland - Local Buy Pty Ltd
- South Australia - LGA Procurement
- Tasmania - Local Government Association of Tasmania
- Victoria - MAV Procurement
- Western Australia - Western Australian Local Government Association
- The Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) also maintains involvement with the network.
Local Government Information Technology South Australia Incorporated (LGITSA)
LGA Procurement has entered into a memorandum of understanding with Local Government Information Technology South Australia Incorporated (LGITSA) to enable collaboration on various ICT projects that may provide significant benefits for the local government sector in South Australia.
The goal of the MOU is to establish a partnership group to work together on various projects that may provide improved technology to the sector which will then form the basis of a collaborative approach to the market. To find out more contact LGA Procurement.
For further information on LGITSA, please visit their website - https://www.lgitsa.com.au/