The local government sector is a significant and attractive market for the supply of works, goods and services.
South Australian councils manage and maintain approximately $23 billion of community infrastructure and provide a wide range of services to the community. Each year councils spend a combined total of approximately $1 billion on works, goods and services.
When procuring these goods and services, councils must operate within a legislative framework that provides structure and transparency and aims to deliver best value for the community.
LGA Procurement harnesses the combined purchasing power of councils to negotiate preferred supplier arrangements on behalf of the sector. These arrangements are established via an open tender process conducted by LGA Procurement, with successful tenderers appointed to preferred supplier panels for each contract/category.
This process enables councils to meet their legislative obligations and gain access to over 340 pre-approved suppliers across 25 different categories such as stationery, trucks, plant, workwear, fuel, ICT and engineering services. It also means that approved suppliers gain access to South Australia’s 68 councils and 30 local government bodies under the same terms and conditions.
By partnering with LGA Procurement your company can:
Access new customers
- Gain easier access to 68 councils and 30 other local government bodies across South Australia
- Reduce the need to respond multiple council tenders
- Use a simple online quotation process to respond to opportunities
- Reduce tendering and administrative costs
- Take advantage of rigorous, fair and open tender processes
- Ensure compliance with Local Government Act (SA) 1999, section 49
- Access expert support and assistance